We are so grateful for Stacey Parrott’s instruction and coordination for last Friday’s Science Fair! We had wonderful projects on display, and a great turnout in the gym. Children’s book author and illustrator Harry Bliss was here today, meeting with students and answering all sorts of questions about his work. A copy of a signed drawing went home today with hard copies of this letter. Kudos to Kait Jones for making it happen! We also held our Student of the Month assembly, recognizing more than 30 of our students for academic performance, overall improvement, Science Fair awards, a writing contest, and various acts of kindness.
Coming up after vacation:
- Week of April 24-28: It will be Spirit Week, with a different Hollywood/Oscars Night theme each day, with ongoing homeroom contests. Monday will be ‘Sleep in Style’ day, so get your PJs, bathrobes and slippers ready! [Reminder: all clothing or dress-up gear must be safe and school-appropriate.]
- Through April 28: Thanks to Colleen O’Connor, our Cornish students’ artwork is currently featured in the Cornish Town Offices through April 28. Be sure to stop by and enjoy the visual feast!
- Monday April 24: School Board Meeting at 6:30 pm.
- Thursday April 28: Valerie Newton’s Dance Troupe will be performing an interpretation of ‘Tangled’ (Rapunzel) at a special assembly.
- Friday April 28: Be sure to come out for our 8th Grade vs. Staff/Parent Basketball gameat 6 pm!
Later in April/May:
- Friday May 5: Student Talent Show, organized by Ms. Fontaine (school counselor) and Mr. Judge (music teacher).
- Wednesday May 10: Kindergarten Registration, from 3:15-4:15 pm; Pre-K Open House from 5-4 pm.
- Monday May 22: Ben Kilham, Upper Valley black bear expert, will be our special guest and meet with groups of students, sharing his experiences and research about raising orphaned bears.
Attached to the hard copy of this letter, you will find your student’s latest Café Services statement and the next set of menus. Please plan ahead to ensure that at least $15-20 per week is budgeted. There is also a flier attached regarding a special Rugby initiative for those interested.
Have a safe and happy Spring Vacation Week!