Students are working hard in their classes! Just to list a few, this week I observed: discussions of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream; assembling of 3D designed projects; researching China’s economy; practicing number bonds and subtraction problems; creating clay pottery; analyzing different kinds of pyramids in a geometry unit; measuring standing jump lengths; reading the BFG in the grade 1&2 class; and writing stories.
Our big news is that the SAU100 logo votes have been tallied. Logo #1 (the hands design) received 59 votes; Logo #2 (the roofline/mountains design) received 69 votes. Therefore, we will be using Logo #2 for SAU100 for signage, letterhead and website, beginning July 1 of this year.
Coming up Soon:
- Monday May 22: Ben Kilham, Upper Valley black bear expert, will be our special guest and meet with groups of students, sharing his experiences and research about raising orphaned bears. This special event is being funded by our Enrichment Committee and by the CCPTO – many thanks for your support!
- Friday May 26: Deadline to order Yearbook
- Tuesday May 30: Grades 1, 2, 7 & 8 will be traveling to and then attending the Memorial Day service in Cornish Flat from 10-12 noon. 7th and 8thgraders will be participating in the ceremony as well. A permission form was sent home last week; please make sure you sign and send it in to the front office.
- Wednesday June 7: CCPTO meeting in the Library, 7:00 pm. Looking ahead to the end of the school year:
- Saturday June 17: 8th grade Graduation at St. Gaudens; 1:00 pm. All are invited to attend!
- Tuesday June 20: All-School field trip to Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS). Students will visit several display areas, walk the local trail, engage in some teacher-generated activities and enjoy the raptor bird demonstration.
- Wednesday June 21: Green-White Field Day. Students will participate in a variety of contests, games and activities, both indoors and outside. More details coming soon…
Attached to the hard copy of this letter, you will find your student’s latest Café Services statement and the next set of menus. Please plan ahead so that you do not end the year with a negative balance, as the school will then be billed for what is owed.