September 15, 2017
Our Cornish Wildcats continue with exciting learning opportunities:
- Grade 4-8 students checked out wind and brass instruments from Ellis Music (thank you Mr. Judge!);
- PreK and Kindergarten students tracked down the Gingerbread Man who had escaped from their classroom;
- Scientific method and properties of matter were reviewed in Ms. Parrott’s science classes;
- Art students designed their portfolios for this year’s work with Ms. O’Connor;
- First and second graders have been reading stories about heroes and working on their writing skills;
- Ms. Gray’s Upper Wing math classes included review of prime factoring, rational and irrational numbers;
- In PE class, 3rd and 4th graders focused on their throwing, dodging, kicking, and catching skills;
- Eighth grade continues to open up the day by leading the Pledge of Allegiance and preamble to the Constitution along with the Golden Rule for the whole school via our P.A. system.
Coming up next week!
- Monday September 18: Picture Day! Be sure we’re all looking sharp for our class and Yearbook pictures.
- Wednesday September 20: All-School Hike! We need your permission forms. A letter and permission form were sent home earlier this week with your child; please complete, sign and return the permission form as soon as possible so everyone is set to go Wednesday morning.
Also, be sure to mark your calendars for:
- Monday, Sept. 25 at 5:30 pm in the Library: SAU100 Celebration, followed by Cornish School Board meeting at 6:30 pm.
- The Book Fair will run from September 27 through October 6; students will have an opportunity to preview the books available during their library class time at school.
- Wed. Oct. 4 at 7 pm in the Library: CCPTO Meeting
- Thursday Oct. 5, 6-7:30: Open House and Book Fair – Come meet the teachers and other parents, and find out what all our students are learning at Cornish.
Although it’s still under construction, there’s a lot of information there, so be sure to check our school’s website: www.cornishschool.org. If you have anyquestions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at school.
I wish each of you a safe and happy weekend; warmest regards,