September 8, 2017
Wow, we’ve had a great start to the school year! With 89 students all eager to explore and learn together, Cornish has been a hive of activity all week as:
- Grade 1- 8 students participated in a small group activity for our opening assembly in the gym;
- Grade 7 & 8 students began their ukulele lessons in music class with Mr. Judge;
- Students tried out our new swings and basketball hoop during Recess;
- Kindergarten students drew colorful pictures in Art class with Ms. O’Connor;
- Miss U’s grade 3 and 4 students corrected sentences and played Bananagrams to develop vocabulary and spelling;
- First and second graders created patterns and played math games to reinforce number sense with Ms. Clement;
- Upper Wing students reviewed Supported Studies options for clubs and activities;
- Fifth graders reviewed geographic regions of the United States with Ms. Tilton;
- All our students have had a chance to sample The Abbey Group’s hot lunch and salad bar options!
- We all celebrated the new SAU100 with an ice cream social on Thursday, courtesy of the CCPTO and Cornish School Board. Many thanks to volunteers Alexys Wilbur, Linda Fuerst, Sue Chandler and Caroline Storrs!
Please keep an eye out for a variety of forms and other paperwork that teachers are sending home. Some of these will be important to keep you informed about the subjects your children will be studying and teacher expectations, as well as school-wide events such as field trips and Picture Day. Some items will be important for reviewing (such as the student handbook) and signing (such as permission forms). Also, be sure to check our school’s website for information: www.cornishschool.org. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at school.
Mark your calendars:
- Monday September 11: Ellis Music Instruments will be here to demonstrate wind instruments for possible rental. Mr. Alex Judge will coordinate this and set up weekly lessons for students (grades 4-8).
- Monday September 18: Picture Day! Be sure we’re all looking sharp for our class and Yearbook pictures.
- Tuesday September 19, 7 pm: NHSaves home energy workshop at Plainfield Elementary School.
- Wednesday September 20: All-School Hike! Grade 5-8 will hike up Mt. Cardigan; grades 1-4 will hike up French’s Ledges; PreK and Kindergarteners will walk the CREA trail. More details to come…
I wish each of you a safe and happy weekend; warmest regards,
Jennifer Prileson, Principal