April 13, 2018
Last Friday’s 8th grade vs. Staff/Parents Basketball game was an exciting one! Congratulations to everyone who came out to play; there were some fabulous shots made by our students, thanks to great coaching. To see photos from the game, please take a look at our website.
This week, students have been busy…
- Meeting their goal of reading 100 books as a whole group, with help from the grade 1-4 students and Ms. Coolidge. They celebrated with a ‘Go Back to Bed and Read’ morning with pancakes!
- Designing floor plans and composite geometric structures in math class with Mr. Budner.
- Researching Mayan culture and creating a travel brochure with Ms. Tilton.
- Learning how to use protractors with Ms. Udelhofen.
- Preparing for Robotics competition in May with Ms. Jones and Mr. Proehl.
- Practicing volleyball skills in P.E. with Ms. Abraham.
- Learning about the Masai tribe in Africa in Ms. Clement’s class.
- Reading To Kill a Mockingbird in Ms. Dangelo’s class.
Our awards assembly on Monday recognized many of our students and staff for their hard work, creativity and kindness towards others. Check out our website for photos of our Science Fair, Student of the Month and Wildcat Way award recipients!
Mark Your Calendars for upcoming events:
April 16-20: Spring Vacation
April 23: School Board Meeting; 6:30 pm in the Library
April 26: Grade 3-4 History play; 6:00 pm in the Gym
April 27: Special program with Valerie Newton’s ballet corps; 8:30-9:30 in the Gym.
May 1: Evening Coffee House and celebration of our new Cornish Art and Literary Magazine
May 2: Pre-Kindergarten Registration, 5-6 pm; CCPTO Meeting, 7 pm in the Library
We have received several inquiries regarding the final day of school for students. That date will be determined at the next School Board meeting, after which we will inform all parents and students.
Have a restful and safe spring vacation; warmest regards,