Friday, May 11, 2018
Another busy week comes to a close, with lovely weather outside to enjoy as:
- Grade 1 & 2 went to Billings Farm & Museum with Ms. Clement and Ms. Fusco;
- PE students continued to check their running times and play lots of games during recess;
- Grade 7 & 8 students completed reading and writing exercises outdoors with Ms. Dangelo;
- Yearbook photos were taken of various groups; Ms. Barber will be back May 23 to take some more!
- Grade 3 & 4 completed their writing assessments;
- Staff Appreciation Week took place, with special treats for our teachers and support staff, many put together by students– the spring flowers, fresh fruit, notes and drawings -- all wonderfully thoughtful gifts! Our CCPTO also provided welcome breaks and a special lunch, which we all enjoyed.
- Our FaceBook page is officially launched! ‘Like us’ at https://www.facebook.com/cornishschool.
Mark Your Calendars for upcoming events next week and beyond:
May 2 – 31: Jump rope/Shoot Hoops heart-healthy campaign continues!
May 12: Our Robotics Team will be competing in Nashua tomorrow. Go Robocats!!
May 14: “Muffins for Moms, Donuts for Dads” – calling all parents: please bring your child to the cafeteria and then join us in the staff workroom for a continental breakfast and conversation with staff from 7:30-8:10 am.
May 21: School Board Meeting, 6:30 pm in Library
May 25: Grade 6 & 7 field trip to Boston
May 30: Memorial Day celebration at Cornish Flat – Grades 5-8 will be in attendance.
Kindergarten & Pre-Kindergarten registration continues, so please contact Dale Lawrence for any needed forms and Linda Coolidge for more information. If your child is already enrolled in PreKindergarten, he or she is already registered for Kindergarten; we just need health forms updated. Please see Ms. Prignano for those.
It’s time to order your Yearbook! Please go online to order your copy: https://cesbook.picaboo.com/ Also, if you have photos from school events to share, you can send them through wetransfer.com or directly to Kate Barber via email: email@example.com.
Looking forward to conversations with you on Monday morning; have a wonderful weekend!