June 15, 2018
This week, our Lower Wing students went to the Montshire museum for a special science program; grade 4 students experienced ‘Step Up Day’ as they met with next year’s 5th grade teachers and learned more about ‘life in the Upper Wing’. Students in the Upper Wing are completing and posting their final math projects showing several visual representations of concepts from geometry, algebra and statistics. The 7thgraders are writing the 8th grade prophecy, which they will share next week. And the 5th grade hosted their senior pen pals for lunch!
Mark Your Calendars for upcoming events next week:
Monday June 18: Grade 5, 6. 7 and 8 will travel to the NH Seacoast Science Center; they will be returning at about 5 pm to campus.
Wednesday June 20: Last Day of School – Field Day; All school barbecue lunch.
**Note: Report cards and benchmark test (iReady) reports will be sent home with students, so please check your child(ren)’s backpacks for these reports.
Other Reminders & Announcements:
- Kindergarten & Pre-Kindergarten registration: please contact Dale Lawrence in the front office.
- Interested in serving on the Wellness Committee? Please contact Laura Prignano in the Health Office.
- The CCPTO reminds you to sign up for a volunteer time slot for the Cornish Fair. Go to the following link: https://tinyurl.com/y7bq4k7o
- Lost and Found will be placed out one more time on Monday, June 18. Please encourage your child to look through it. Any items left after Friday June 22 will be donated to charity.
- All student medications should be picked up on or before the last day of school. Please call to make other arrangements if you are unable to take care of this by the 20th.
- Yearbooks are in and will be distributed next week; please contact Kate Barber if you have questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
à A request from Coach Clark: Please return your basketball uniforms no later than June 20.
à A message from Melissa Drye: Family Friendly Soccer Nights – every Tuesday from 6-7 pm, located at the South Parsonage Road soccer field.
àFrom the Nurse: Please be on the lookout for the completed yearly Screening letters and, if applicable individualized Health Plan reminders to be arriving in the mail.
We hope you’ll join us for 8th grade graduation at St. Gaudens this Saturday, June 16, at 1:00 pm.
Have a wonderful weekend! Warmest regards,
Jennifer Prileson, Principal